If you are looking to replace your roof, you have a lot of roofing solutions to consider. Metal roofs can be some of the best types of roofing materials around. If you your home has to contend with severe Oklahoma weather, for instance, a metal roof can be a great option. Here are some other benefits to getting a metal roof.
- They are less expensive to maintain. Typically, homeowners spend an amount that is the equivalent of between 1 and 4% of the value of the home every year on roof maintenance. For a home that is worth $200,000, the cost would be about $2,000. A metal roof needs almost no maintenance so that is a savings right there. The only maintenance that is needed by a metal roof is to clean it off as it is needed. There are no shingles to fly off during severe Oklahoma weather or other problems.
- Metal roofs last a long time. The average metal roof will last an average of 40 to 50 years. The average life expectancy for a traditional roof that was built with asphalt and shingles is about 20 years. The durability of the metal roof makes it a cost effective roof material. It is hard to overestimate how good for the home this is. Because metal roofs are weather proof and can survive severe Oklahoma weather and last on the home for a long time.
- Metal roofs are very energy efficient. Asphalt roofs absorb all of the heat from the sun. This has a dramatic impact on the temperature of the house itself. Metal roofs, on the other hand, reflect a lot of that heat back so that the home remains a lot cooler. It has been estimated that a metal roof can stay up to 100-degree Fahrenheit cooler than a comparable traditional roof with asphalt shingles. This is caused by the roofs’ high thermal emissivity and solar reflectance. This means your energy bills will be a lot lower. It has been estimated that a metal roof can save homeowners up to 40% on their energy bills.
- Metal roofs are good for the environment. Every year, approximately 13 billion pounds of asphalt shingles are sent to landfills where they contribute to global warming and take up a lot of space. Metal roofs, by contrast, are 100% recyclable. Not only will they last longer than the traditional asphalt shingle roofs but when their lifecycle is over, the materials can be reused. Most of the time, when metal roofing is installed, recycled materials are used. Of course, the other environmental benefit comes from the fact that less energy is needed to cool homes that have metal roofs.
- They can be made to reflect your personal style. Metal roofs come in a wide array of styles and colors. There are a number of options for the style of the metal roof. Additionally, homeowners have hundreds of colors to choose from when they go to paint their metal roofs. For residential homes, especially those with a historic designation, the look can be preserved with a metal roof. You can get a metal roof to complement just about any style of home.
- Metal roofs increase the resale value of the home. When people are looking to purchase a new home, they are often drawn to those houses that have metal roofs. A lot of this has to do with how easy they are to maintain. People also like their energy savings and the fact they last for such a long time. People who have a metal roof installed typically see an increase in their home’s resale value that ranges from 1 to 6%.
- They offer a fantastic ROI. The return on investment (ROI) for metal roofs is high. Because metal roofs make homes so much more energy efficient than homes with traditional asphalt shingled roofs, they have a ROI that is typically around 86%. Homeowners in the United States have been known to recoup a huge amount of the cost of installing the metal roof. By some estimates, they recoup about 96% of the cost of the roof through energy savings.
Metal roofs are great, even if you do not have to deal with severe Oklahoma weather, for homes around the nation.
Trackback from your site.