The 8 Best Reasons to Switch to LED Lighting Fixtures

Written by admin. Posted in Energy efficient, High intensity led, Warehouse lighting fixtures

When it comes to the world of lighting, there are a lot of options to choose from. If you are looking for the right warehouse lighting fixtures, you can do yourself a big favor and save money by using LED high bay light fixtures rather than other kinds. Here are some reasons LED works well for homes and businesses.

  1. You cannot beat LED lights for how energy efficient they are. If you were to compare LED high bay light fixtures to more traditional fluorescent or incandescent options, you will discover that the LED versions use an average of 50% less energy. Not only can they save you money but they can direct the light where you need it most. Other kinds of lights bulbs send the light in all directions. This will allow you to save even more on your utility bills and get more for your money.
  2. They last a lot longer. No matter what you are going to use your LED lighting for, you will find it has a much longer lifespan than other kinds of light bulbs. It has been estimated that a LED bulb of a decent quality can last anywhere between 30,000 and 50,000 hours. Many last even longer. This translates into less maintenance work for you and more savings.
  3. LED lighting loves the cold. Not only will your LED high bay light fixtures need less power to turn on but the energy they emit is all in the form of light, none is wasted on heat. That means they will power up and be brighter than other kinds of bulbs. Not only that but LED lights work better as the ambient temperature drops. Need lighting outside in the winter or for a freezer/fridge? No problem! LED can do the job.
  4. LED lights are very durable. If you have ever taken a look at a traditional light bulb, you can see how fragile it is. Normally, the light fixture itself is inside a quartz or glass structure, which can break or shatter as it moves from point A to B. By contrast, LED lights are mounted on circuit boards and are more protected from damage.
  5. There is no delay when these are turned on. When you are using incandescent or fluorescent lighting, there is often a delay between the time you turn the lights on and the point at which they reach their maximum output. Your LED high bay light fixtures start out at their top brightness level. This can be very helpful for your early morning workers who need to get everything up and running every day.
  6. Rapid cycling means longer lives for your lights. When you are working with conventional lighting, one problem is that they tend to be turned on and off throughout the day, which can shorten their lifespan. LED lights, on the other hand, use a system. called “rapid cycling,” which helps the bulbs last longer.
  7. They are much easier to control. If your business relies on fluorescent lighting, you know how hard it is to put them on dimmers. This is a much easier task to do when you are working with LED lighting fixtures. When you want to dim the lights, LED lights can effortlessly go from full brightness to as low as 10% in a seamless manner.
  8. There are no pesky UV or IR emissions to worry about. If you are using incandescent lights, you should know that a mere 10% of the energy used by the fixture is used for light. The other 90% is pushed out as either radiated heat, ultraviolet radiation (UV), or infrared radiation (IR). Any of these can be dangerous and cause injury. By contrast, you do not have to worry about these issues when you are using LED lights.

A lot has changed in the world of lighting since the electric light bulb was invented by Thomas Edison. Whereas light fixtures were created to illuminate dark spaces, they are now used for a number of things. They can set the mood, send out the right message, or produce the light that is needed for just about anything else. LED lighting technology makes it cheaper, safer and more cost-effective to use.

Trackback from your site.

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.