A lot of people prefer to use a real estate agent when they are looking to buy real estate. At least 88% of home buyers get help from a real estate professional when they are looking for real estate for sale. If you are looking for real estate for sale and also want to go with a realtor, you may not know where to turn or whom you should hire. There are a lot of real estate professionals out there to choose from. It has been estimated that there are, in the United States, approximately two million active real estate licenses, according to the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO). Here are some ways to find the right real estate agent for you:
- Talk to the people you know. If you know anyone, who lives near you, who has purchased a home, you may know someone who has used a real estate agent. Ask your friends, family and your neighbors. One of the best ways to get a service that you can feel good about is to get a referral from someone you know and you trust. You may not end up going with the same person or company but this can get you started on the right path.
- Get references. Good reputable real estate agents will have no problem giving you the name and contact information for some of the people who have worked with the realtor. The best way to find out what it is like to work with someone is to talk to people who have done just that. Ask about the experience of working with the realtor, if the client got the deal they wanted and if they have any suggestions for working with that person.
- Make sure they have the right license. Before you start looking for real estate for sale, check with your state government. See what the rules and regulations are that govern real estate agents. When you are talking to the various real estate agents in your area, ask about their licensing and make sure you verify what they tell you. You should be able to also find out if there are any disciplinary complaints or actions against the person or company you are considering hiring.
- Look online. Once you have a few names, look them up. Many cities and towns use Facebook groups and pages to promote local businesses. Look to those to see if anyone has heard of the agency or person and has any thoughts. If the real estate agent has been working in the community for a while, there should be at least one person on there who can tell you what they are like. The real estate company may also have reviews on Yelp. Be wary of too many bad reviews that were left without names. They may be from competitors of the realtor you are looking at.
- Find out how long the real estate agent has been working in the area. You should also ask about how long they have been in the business of real estate. If an agent has recently moved to your town, they still might be an excellent agent. When you are looking at real estate listings, going with someone who knows the market and knows what the houses in it should be worth will save you a lot of time and money. A good real estate agent should be able to walk through a property and, within a few minutes, know what the property’s price should be. Realtors can prevent you from wasting your time on listings that are out of your range.
- Ask about the realtor’s credentials. There are different certifications for real estate agents and you want to go with someone who has the right ones for what you need. They can be a Certified Residential Specialist, Seniors Real Estate Specialist or an Accredited Buyer’s Representative. You need the right real estate agent for the kind of deal you are looking to make.
When you are looking at real estate for sale, having the right real estate agent can make a big difference for a host of reasons. They can make the entire process much easier.
Trackback from your site.