If you live in a part of the country where the temperatures fluctuate greatly you have likely had to deal with driveway and sidewalk problems. Just as the cities are dealing with the problems on roads and interstates, home and business owners have to deal with the their driveways, sidewalks and patios. The expansion and the contraction that occurs when temperatures reach extreme highs and lows cause any kind of concrete or asphalt surface to deal with these changes.
For instance, pebble paving in Omaha, Nebraska, can suffer during the extremely high temperatures of a midwestern summer and the extremely cold temperatures of a midwestern winter. For this reason, pebble pool deck repair, as well as outdoor stone flooring repair is a common maintenance fact in places like Omaha, as well as other locations that deal with extreme temperature variances.
Doing some of the most damage, when melting snow continually freezes and thaws in the spring concrete and asphalt roads suffer. For this reason, these times of the year are some of the most difficult to keep roads safe and drivable.
Paving Companies Have Many Times During the Year When There Services Are Desperately Needed
Finding the perfect driveway surface can be a real challenge in most parts of the country. If you do not want to have to pay for repairs year after year it is important to make sure that you work with a local paving company to see what are the suggestions that work best in a particular kind of location.
Consider these facts and figures about the paving industry and the role that it plays in keeping driveways, sidewalks, roads, and highways safe:
- 38% of homeowners upgrading their pathways, driveways, patios, and terraces are using gravel or crushed rock, according to the 2017 Houzz Landscape Trends study.
- With regular upkeep and maintenance, a properly installed gravel driveway can last three to five or even 10 years.
- Hardscaping continues to increase in popularity. In fact, just 23% of new homes that were started in 2014 had a deck, but 56% had a patio, according to the Census Bureau’s Survey of Construction.
- A concrete floor with normal traffic will likely need a reapplication of the finish every two years.
- 71% of prospective home buyers indicate that a home’s curb appeal is an important factor in their buying decision.
- Causing driveway wear and tear over time, the average car weighs 1.4 tons, which is equivalent to nearly 2,871 pounds.
Finding the right kind of material to pave your driveway or parking lot is an important investment. In addition to making sure that your property is safe for pedestrians, it is also important to make sure that your property in safe and accessible to both drivers and customers.
Trackback from your site.