Both large and small home remodeling projects can be successful if you take the time to carefully plan and get a number of well researched quotes. Whether you are looking at a simple small bathroom remodel or you are looking at a full basement project, it is always important to make sure that you understand all of the details about the entire process.
Remodeling contractors offer a number of different services, but it is always important to make sure that you check on references an compare quote estimates before making a final decision. Going with the remodeling companies that have the lowest bids, for instance, is not always a great idea if the low bid comes from a home remodeling contractor who has a record of shoddy performance. On the same line, just because someone has the highest quoted offer does not mean that they will provide the highest quality.
Custom Design Builders Offer a Number of Special Services and Price Ranges
Finding the right contractor will determine the success of your next remodeling project, as well as its completion date. Unfortunately, some of the most popular contractors have very busy schedules, with openings that are not available until months in the future. And while it may be prestigious to say that you are working with the area’s top contractor, you might not want to wait until you can get on that contractor’s list.
Consider some of these facts and figures about some of the most popular home remodeling projects and the impact that the remodeling industry has on the economy of the nation:
- Spending on home improvement products in the U.S. last year hit $303 billion.
- 30% of remodeling activity is major additions and alterations, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 40% of remodeling activity is minor additions and alterations, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 30% of remodeling activity is maintenance and repair, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Although an upscale remodel can run around $61,000, the average midrange bathroom remodel costs just over $19,000.
- $409.2 billion was the projected total sales of home improvement retailers in the U.S. in the year 2019.
Whether you are looking at finishing your basement for the first time or you are searching for a way to remodel your kitchen to make it more efficient, it is always in your best interest to make sure that you are getting several bids from a group of reliable contractors and that you check the references for each of these contractors before making a decision.